Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hooping For Hope

I have a hobby, that among my friends isn't considered weird. Why? Most of my amazing lady friends I met through the small Nashville Hula Hoop community. And together every year, we hula hoop the Music City Half Marathon. Yelp, thats right, 13.1 miles of hot pink glittering hoop spinning action.  We have been training since January and are almost up to our high milage weeks of 9-10 miles.


The money that we raise goes towards providing pink hoops to breast cancer survivors anywhere in the united states.  It's goal is to help women reconnect with their bodies and find joy in movement.  If you would like to sponsor me please check out my donation page.


If you would like to learn more about the organization check them out here. Also, if you aren interested in getting a wonderful hoop of your own or if you are feeling ambitious and wnat the supplies to make one you should check out Discount Hoop Supplies.  The woman who runs it is fabulously nice and look at all thier pretty goodies.


I'm loving that tangerine like nobody's business right now.

I will keep everyone updated as my training progresses and as we get closer to race day and beyond.  If you are in the Nashville area you can see us walking around Satruday and Sunday mornings. If you see a large group of women (and one amazing man) twirling pink hoops- honk and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips